Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank You, Thank You for the nomination

Hi Everyone,

This post is a little out of character, okay a lot, for a cemetery blog; however, I want to acknowledge, and say thank you, to whomever nominated this blog for Family Tree Magazine's 40 Best Genealogy Blogs 2011.


THANK YOU!!! I feel very honoured to be nominated alongside wonderful and inspirational cemetery blogs, such as Cemetery Explorers. Again, THANK YOU! I very much enjoy the process of producing this blog, sharing the photos I've had the honour to shoot, and learning about the history of the individuals who have gone before us.

A lot of wonderful blogs have been nominated, so if you would like to visit them click here, and if you would like to vote, click here. Voting is open until 20 December, and you may vote as often as you wish. Earlier I tried to put the Family Tree badge in this post, but it kept showing up all wobbly, but now thanks to Carol at Reflections From The Fence (a wonderful blog which is also nominated), I now have the badge.

There's been a lot of cemetery talk around our house lately. Kind of odd that we've chosen the holidays to discuss such things. Anyway, initially I had decided I want my ashes placed in a football (soccer ball for our North American friends) and booted into the ocean off the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare Ireland. Trouble is I might float around for too long, and without a headstone I would be left with no great quotation to pass on to future generations. Oh well, guess I'll have to keep thinking about it. Hopefully I have a lot more time left to think about it. Thank you again. :)

Cheers! Jennifer
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...